Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Haircut

So apparently there is only one qualified person to cut my hair in the whole city of Santa Barbara. Odd, but glad I found her. And she made me have rockin eyebrows, so it's all good.

I often find people asking me, "How is the married life? IS it any different?" I've heard some married couples say it's not different at all. To me though, I think there are some differences.

1) If you're Christian, I Suppose primarily Catholic and have that "Catholic guilt", it sure does ease that! You see, we were living together before we got married, yes in sin. My husband is Catholic and I honestly believe his Catholic guilt was influencing me. And now, *TA DA* we are back in the okay. :) As a matte of fact, no one can say ish about us living together, sleeping together...so on and so forth.

Mark 10:9 "Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." This was read at our wedding, and I really liked it.

2) I do feel a lot "closer" to him in a sense. I do feel that "becoming more one" thing going on. It's a hard feeling to explain, and a lot of people told me that it wasn't going to feel any different because we lived together before marriage. But it really does. There is a more of a commitment there, and not just from him. It's demanded of both of us. I feel a lot more responsible for another person. Everything we do, we keep each other in mind. We have the other person's happiness to think about, not just our own. There is no room for being selfish in a marriage.

3) There is a certain future. (If God wills it that is) We are both in college so we can work on our careers to better our lives. And of course, we want to have children in the future. The idea of Ryan and I expanding as a couple, creating sons and daughter who will have sons and daughters, it's just insane to think about! BUt in a good way.

There are many more things that are different, and hopefully as I write through out the blog, I will remember to identify them.

Oh yeah, and last but not least:

4) YOU'RE STUCK NOW!!!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment